Ladies – have you recently taken the plunge and opted for a shorter hairstyle? Are you worried that shorter hair could be less versatile than longer tresses?
Fear not! With our handy hints for four cropped dos – and with a little help from Superdrug in Pescod Square – you can create show-stopping styles with ease.
Achieve easy, breezy waves by:
- Using curling tongs at sporadic intervals throughout your hair to create the illusion of natural waves.
- Use dry shampoo and a side parting to add extra volume to the style.
Pin Up Girl
Create a decadent do, ready for any elegant party or soiree, with ‘pinned up’ hair. To achieve this:
- Curl your hair with tongs for luxurious waves.
- Add dry shampoo near the crown of your hair to add extra volume, before gathering and pinning the hair at the back of your head.
- Leave a small section of hair at the front to sit alongside the face and secure the entire look with a good dose of hairspray.
The Plaited Princess
For an interesting yet casual look, go for plaits! The braided crown is a great way to add interest to a shorter style:
- Curl your hair with tongs before using a paddle brush to create a natural finish.
- Take two sections from the front of your hair and form chunky plaits, making sure to direction the braid towards the back of the head.
- Secure with bobby pins at the back of the head, or if your hair is a little longer, tie the two braids together.
For a look that says “I’m not really trying”, get experimental with a messy bun! To do this:
- Create body in your hair with sea salt spray, before roughly dividing your hair at the crown with your fingers.
- Tie your hair in a half ponytail and coil the hair around the band, securing with bobby pins.
For more styling advice and sweet-smelling hair products, head to Superdrug in Pescod Square and keep your locks looking lustrous throughout the autumn/winter months.